It's been pretty entertaining to see who individuals have been told they look like. Hopefully no one is taking these look alike comments as an insult; it's all in good fun. Anyway, I decided to find some Doppelgängers of my friends. My first attempts didn't go as well as I'd hoped seeing as how there's just such a broad pool of celebrities to choose from, so I enlisted the help of Leah. With her aid, we narrowed things down to a few decent photos. (Again, please don't be offended. I'm sure there are other actors, musicans, or athletes that you resemble more closely - and obviously you are much better looking - but this is the best we could do with our short attention spans.)
By far the easiest person to start with was Kate pictured below on the left. A year or two ago, it was mentioned that she looked like Princess Beatrice daughter of Sarah Ferguson -Duchess of York pictured on the right. I think the photo speaks for itself:


Also Kate, it was really difficult to find a photo of just you - so this is the lucky one I chose.
The next couple are more of a stretch: Doppelgänger's Jenny (on the left) and actress Elizabeth Moss from TVs Mad Men (on the right).
Third up is Sara (left) and her Doppelgänger child star actress Tina Majorino (right). You may remember her from roles like Corrina, Corrina, Andre, or Waterworld. More recently she's been in HBO's Big Love and the new ABC show The Deep End. Sara's also been told before that she looks like Saved By the Bell's Kelly Kapowski played by Tiffany Theissen, better know by her three part name Tiffany Amber Theissen, who is shown on the bottom. So, just to clarify, I put up a picture of Tiffany Amber Theissen and then directly next to it is a photo of her as Tiffany Theissen. Can you spot how the removal of the second name makes her a more serious and dramatic actress?



This last one only kind of counts, mostly because they only look alike when dressed up in costume. So here is Leah/Frieda Kahlo. Also pictured below is Leah with bangs, glasses (and if she decided to sport some braces or an ugly poncho) she might be comparable to America Ferera.





This last one only kind of counts, mostly because they only look alike when dressed up in costume. So here is Leah/Frieda Kahlo. Also pictured below is Leah with bangs, glasses (and if she decided to sport some braces or an ugly poncho) she might be comparable to America Ferera.


Haha sorry for choosing this pic sis, but I don't have any others of just you with your bangs and wearing glasses.
So, we were able to think of these Doppelgängers relatively quickly. Then we tried to think of a few more for, oh how should I put it, our ethnic friends. Yeah...we drew a blank. So, we thought some more. Huh, not easy. Why was it so difficult? The answer is simply this: because there is a smaller pool of people to choose from. Sorry to the other girls, no clue who your Doppelgänger is. We couldn't really think of one for me either. I Once had a 4th grader tell me that I look like Vanessa Hudgens, but I think that's just because she loved High School Musical and Hudgens was the only person she could think to identify me to. Anyway, in conclusion, trying to find Doppelgängers of all my friends proved to be more difficult than I originally perceived it to be, and I'm going to go ahead and blame that on the lack of diversity in Hollywood and in the media in general.
On a more serious note, one can imagine how it would be harder for little boys and girls who look differently to find someone to look up to as a role model in the media (whether that be an actor, musician, politician, athlete, etc.). You could say that we have an African American president, a recently appointed Latina US Supreme Court justice, or that Disney has done a better job creating strong, more diverse princesses in the past decade or two, but how many more similar instances can you cite when compared Caucasian presidents, Supreme Court Justices or even Disney princesses for that matter.
I suppose at least this demonstrates progress in terms of diversity as a whole in this country, but if I had a difficult time coming up with a few Doppelgängers, imagine how it must feel for entire groups of underrepresented ethnic communities.
Not sure where this blog took a political turn...it started as a fun look alike blog. I think I was just frustrated I couldn't find my own Doppelgänger and it went downhill from there...
On a more serious note, one can imagine how it would be harder for little boys and girls who look differently to find someone to look up to as a role model in the media (whether that be an actor, musician, politician, athlete, etc.). You could say that we have an African American president, a recently appointed Latina US Supreme Court justice, or that Disney has done a better job creating strong, more diverse princesses in the past decade or two, but how many more similar instances can you cite when compared Caucasian presidents, Supreme Court Justices or even Disney princesses for that matter.
I suppose at least this demonstrates progress in terms of diversity as a whole in this country, but if I had a difficult time coming up with a few Doppelgängers, imagine how it must feel for entire groups of underrepresented ethnic communities.
Not sure where this blog took a political turn...it started as a fun look alike blog. I think I was just frustrated I couldn't find my own Doppelgänger and it went downhill from there...




No comments:
Post a Comment